Monday, November 13, 2006

"Liddy Dole Satisfied With Her Failures"

I love this headline. The story is pretty much what you have seen.

Liddy Dole satisfied with her failures
By BARBARA BARRETT
McClatchy Newspapers
Nov 11, 2006, 12:04:43 AM

Sen. Elizabeth Dole's job as chairwoman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee had been to keep the Senate in GOP hands. It didn't happen.

Now, after two years in the Senate's GOP leadership, Dole tumbles into the minority -- back to her status as freshman senator from North Carolina and, perhaps, out of favor among Republican activists frustrated at election results.

Dole is satisfied with her performance.

"I can sleep well at night knowing we did everything possible to hold the Senate," Dole said in a telephone interview. "All I know is I worked my head off, and that's all you can do."

No comments: